Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bad Blogger!

Yup that's me! I have been away for awhile in the real world.  Part of my absence has been due to traveling and some due to lack of wanting to write.  I think that blogging can become like having a chronic illness.  At times we just want to run away from it all and pretend like nothing is wrong. Pretend that everything is perfect and we are normal like the rest of the world. But sadly that just isn't the case.

I know I have arrived at a crossroads.  A crossroads with many intersecting conflicts brewing inside, many thoughts to wade through until I come up with resolutions.  Partly I know that some of this is due to my chronic illnesses and partly I know it is also just due to life.  Even healthy normal people go through these conflicts and this is good to know.

What will I do?  I am not so sure right now and this is partly the reason I have been avoiding blogging.  I needed some time to step away from things for awhile, time to just try and live without thinking about chronic illness.

Was I successful?  Well, one never really escapes chronic illness and I know you know this if you are reading this blog.  It will always be there lurking somewhere and although we may try to push it aside for awhile, it is still in the shadows of our lives.  But for a period of time I did at times forget I was chronically ill. And no, the pain did not just evaporate but because I was able to immerse myself in a different place, a different paradigm, I did get away from it all.

Even if just for awhile.

Thank you for your support during this time and thank you for your patience.
Iffinz uz thinkz I wuz outz of de spotlitz furz longz....uz iz kiddinz yurselfz! Iz iz backz! Seez whatz uz beenz missinz!

8 comments:

L."Wren" Vandever said...

I understand the need to back off now and then, Deb--I do it myself, particularly when I feel like I'm getting repetitious and/or whiny. (I've never noticed YOU doing that, however!)Sometimes it's good to just live and forget analyzing for awhile.

All that said, I'm glad you're back. I missed your "voice" and new pics of your sweet ginger cats. You always make me smile, and that's vitally important, you know.

adrienne said...

Hey Deb! I missed reading about your life. But I understand the need to step away. Sometimes I get that feeling too. I just want you to know I love hearing about the non-chronically ill parts of your life too! Especially about your pets. I am just glad you are okay!

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Wren....I knew you would understand :-) You are just such a kind hearted soul! Not sure what all is going on with me but as with all things, this too shall be resolved...I am sure.

Adrienne...Yup, my kitties, my friends and family and my blog keep me going :-) When you have two fur balls jumping on your aching joints...well you have to get going :-) Thank you for your vote of approval. I truly appreciate it!

Unknown said...

One of the many things I admire about you is that you really listen to your body. Taking breaks from chronic illness is so important, IMO. Sometimes I think it almost becomes a job and we need to let our minds rest in order to move ahead. I am glad you have taken time for yourself but you are of course missed!

Carla said...

Congratulations on taking a break. Sometimes we forget how important that is. Hope you're making progress on your crossroads. You certainly have the wisdom and intuition to make the best choice. Hugs, Carla

Terry said...

Deb, you're not a bad blogger, I am going through the same thing right now. As you point out, it is a part of life, not just for people living with a chronic disease. Good to see you're back.

Mohamed Abdellatif said...

مكافحة حشرات
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالقصيم

dosepharmacy1 said...

Thanks nice providing information.